Thursday, May 1, 2008

Our #1


I did it!  I got some pics of Nolan - and he was okay with it!  He had a game last night and he did awesome.  He was in the zone!  He told me at the end of the game, "Mom, I don't want it to be over yet.  This sucks - I wanna keep playing!"


This was  a double!  Nice one buddy!
How does he do this without falling on his booty?  If only my squats were that good.
See this runner?  Nolan throws her out at home!


I love this shot of Mr. Serious...
 go get 'em big guy!


Nolan is playing T-ball on the Reds - he's #1 this year!
___________________________________

Now here's our conversation in the car on the way home.

Nolan:  "Mom what state are the Reds from?"

Me:  "Ohio I think..."

Nolan: "What continent though?"

Me:  "Our continent honey - North America."

Nolan: "What continent are the Reds from Mom? Like Africa or Antarctica ya' know Mom, the seven continents?"

Me:  "Yes, Nolan I know the seven continents and the Reds are in our country and on our continent - North America."

Nolan: "But what state is the Reds in, on the continent?"

Me: "They are in the city of Cincinnati, the state of Ohio, in the United States of America (our country), and on the continent of North America!"

Nolan: "Mom, just forget it.  You don't understand about the continents do you?"

Me:  "I guess not buddy."

Nolan: "That's okay mom, you're smart at some stuff though."

Me:  "Thanks honey."

Nolan:  "Maybe you could go to Courtney's summer school Mom?"

Me:  "Yeah, we should look into that buddy."

( I still don't know what he was after?)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Nolan is hilarious! I love how he sweetly reassures you that you have some kind of intelligence. Maybe he's hoping you'll take his place at summer school?

Minna Dyer said...

So funny!
I love kids...

Tammi said...

He looks so adorable..Love the catchers gear too! Good job on the double Nolan!!!