Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Night

I have been wanting to do some experimenting with night photography.  These are 15 sec. exposures on a (not so sturdy) tripod.  I took these from the top of the kids' fort last night around 9 p.m.  (with no flash of course)

Looking back onto the cul de sac behind us.
Our backyard
I really wanted to get some of the moon- it was amazing last night.  But there was too much movement in my tripod.  I will hopefully try again tonight.  Wish me luck. I will post my results.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good shots Kimberly. I'm not certain it's the tripod, unless it's really a cheap one. It could be that standing on the platform gives it enough movement from you're breathing or stepping back from the camera after you've opened the shutter. I have a remote shutter that I'll bring up for you to try.

Ashlee said...

Yep, its the tripod. I guess I should have been more clear. I couldn't find my new one. So I grabbed this old one - it has some missing parts so it moves a lot and you can't lock it firmly into position.

I wasn't able to get out there last night. But once I find my newer tripod I will give it another try.

I would love to try out the remote though.

Kimberly Dunn said...

Darn! I keep doing that! That was my comment above. I forgot Ashlee was logged in. Whoops.