Sunday, August 23, 2009

Penngrove and a New Toy!


Ashlee, Kendyl and I headed out west to Penngrove, to visit my grandparents yesterday.  My Grandpa is not doing so well -- we were long overdue for a visit.  It's such a relaxing drive and so beautiful out there.  I love the endless vineyard covered rolling hills.  It's even more breathtaking in the fall when all the leaves are changing color.  I really miss Sonoma County and it's calm.  It was nice to go back home again.  I wish I would have taken more photos to share.



While we were there, we scored Grandpa's old food dehydrator!  Grandpa used to make the BEST beef jerky for all the grandkids but now he is too weak to conquer such a task.  We are going to give it our best!  But first, Ashlee and I decided to make some yummy snacks for this week's lunches.  First in the making are nectarine fruit rolls.  Secondly, we added some apples to the bottom racks.  We'll let you know how they turn out.  We are so excited for our new toy!


No comments: